Supporting Information for Online Application
Application submission window for PMRF December 2019 is now open
Please read the supporting information carefully.
The link for the online application form is at the bottom of this page.
The deadline for submission of applications is 11.30 pm, 15 October, 2019.
Also applicants who have already submitted the applications can modify Section 2 of their application till 11.30 pm, 15 October, 2019.
All fields and attachments are required except for the following fields:
i) Broad discipline preferences fields (where at least one preference is required).
ii) Degree fields (where information on degrees beyond the qualifying degree is required if applicable).
iii) GATE related fields are required if your eligibility criterion is (b) or (c). GATE related fields are optional if your eligibility criterion is (a).
A] Fee payment and obtaining required fee payment related details for the application form submission
- The fee can be paid online to State Bank of India (SBI).
- Please click on the fee payment link, that will take you to the assigned SBI Collect page. You do not need to have an SBI account to pay the fees on the SBI Collect page.
- You will need to accept the terms and conditions to proceed.
- Please select Payment Category as ‘PMRF Application Fee Dec 2019’ and complete the remaining steps to make the payment.
- You will get an online e-receipt as a pdf file, please save it. You will get an SBIcollect reference number, please note it.
- You will need to upload the e-receipt file in the application form.
- You will also need to enter the SBIcollect reference number in the designated field in the application form.
B] Filling the rest of the application form
- The application form is divided into two sections, Section 1 and Section 2. In Section 1 we gather information required to confirm eligibility. Here you have to provide details related to your qualifying degree for PMRF December 2019. Please note, Section 1 responses cannot be edited later. Once you click on the "Proceed to Section 2 - Detailed Application Form" button, you will not be able to go back to edit the responses you have submitted in Section 1. If you have to make changes to the responses you provided in Section 1, you will have to initiate a new application.
- Once you have provided the information that confirms your eligibility you will be able to proceed to Section 2 for the detailed application form. You will be able to save and edit the information in this Section 2 and you do not have to fill the form in a single session. You also can reopen a submitted application for editing Section 2 as well.
- Please fill in your complete name as it appears in the official record.
- Please make sure that you are filling in your correct date of birth, as it appears in the official record.
- The address for correspondence should be your permanent address, it is where the final offer letter to the selected applicant will be sent.
- You have an option to save an incomplete application and resume working on it later at the end of the form. Please save as often as you need to. You can only start saving the form once you have entered your email ID and confirmed it.
- When you save the application for the first time, you will receive an email with a system generated password that should be changed using the link provided in the email.
- If you do not receive an email after saving or submitting, please check your spam folder.
- Correct Aadhaar number is useful for establishing the identity of the applicant at a later stage. For students from Assam, J & K and Meghalaya passport number, ration card number, driving license number is also valid.
- The uploaded photograph should be recent and should not be older than six months.
- The institute field in the Academic Details of Qualifying Degree section requires the name of the institute where you have received or are pursuing the qualifying degree.
- The abstract should be original in applicant’s own words and should limit to 1000 words. The abstract should have applicant's name at the beginning.
- The Project abstract should clearly articulate the area of the study and should evidence interest and insights for the subject chosen.
- The Project abstract should formulate a problem for study. This will be used for assessing the applicant's analytical and research skills.
- The referees are whom the applicant has closely interacted with during her or his undergraduate or postgraduate program and who can comment on the applicant’s educational capabilities and research and analytical skills.
- Filling of broad discipline(s): An applicant can fill in up to five broad disciplines for each of which the applicant will be assessed.